Monday, January 17, 2011

I Can't Speak a Lick of Spanish but I Can Conjugate a Verb!

Yesterday was Sunday and our first full week at our host family's house. Saturday night she had told us that she was going to visit her family on Sunday and they live about 40 km away. Mama' said that she would leave us some bocadillos, which are these sandwiches that they make here for like our day trips or for something to eat when we won't they won't be here. She also asked us Saturday night if we were going to sleep a lot on Sunday and I replied maybe. Least to say that maybe became a definite YES.

I went out only for a little bit Saturday night which turned out to be an interesting experience. I met my friends across the street and we started walking to a bar that we had discovered earlier in the week. It turned out to be closed so we continued to walk around aimlessly but in search of a place to have a drink. We eventually decided to cross the street and we ended up seeing these two girls that seemed to be going somewhere. We sketchily followed them and ended up at this open park area surrounded by bars! It was perfect it had nice outdoor seating and so many places to choose from and to top it off we were the only Americans there! We sat outside and had a drink, while people watching. Then we headed back and I was home by 12:30.

Sunday we slept til about 11:30-12:00 ish and got up to the usual breakfast in the kitchen our Mama' and Pepe had already left. We were also left with our first bocadillos (which had two different kinds of sauces and unidentifiable meat) yeah............We laid around most of the day and eventually ate our sandwiches (pictures can be found on facebook).  I then got a text from my friends from school and they were going to the river to look at some graffiti (this pictures also on facebook). It was absolutely AMAZING!!!! Some of the craziest stuff I have ever seen. We also saw an accordion player who was muy guapo (very handsome and we told him that). We also stumbled upon a guy in the process of graffitiing also on facebook. Eventually we moseyed our way back home. Then spent the rest of the day relaxing and skyping my mom and dad. I actually caught part of the Seattle Seahawks and Chicago Cubs game with my dad, I was having withdrawal from not having football here.

Monday was the usual school day and at lunch we had the perfect amount of food I think she is finally understanding that we don't eat that much THANKS GOODNESS!!! haha I don't have the money to buy a whole new wardrobe and I don't have the room to yo yo (weight wise) in my clothes! After lunch I did my homework!!! yay conjugations something that had ALWAYS been drilled into my head in my jr. high and high school Spanish classes. I really don't like conjugation and after all those years I really can't speak Spanish but I sure can conjugate a verb hence, the title of this post. I then decided to go for a run along the river it is probably about a 15 min walk away and it is really nice wide and well paved area along the river. I am really out of shape but enjoyed it anyway. It was relaxing and exciting. Now that I am getting to know the city more I think I might use it as an exploring technique!

I love you all!

con amor,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment