Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's a Boy!!

Haha okay before your mind starts to wonder, we found out yesterday that we were getting a brother yes another student studying in Sevilla who will be staying with us the rest of the semester! His name is John Pierre (we call him JP) but he seems really nice. I was able to talk to hi for like 20 mins or so yesterday while he ate lunch.

I will now start from the beginning it had always been rumored that we were getting another roommate from NY from the girls across the hall in the other apt. but our Mama' hadn't said anything. Then yesterday after returning from school our Mama' come into our room to tell us we are getting a brother and she went on and on about how it was suppose to be a girl but now it is a boy. She seemed really flustered. After she left Sarah and I just kind of looked at each other unsure what to make of it. We have had an extra bedroom but usually Tech students are the only students that a host family will have. In this situation our Mama' had already committed to both programs and instead of losing one of their best host families they decided that it would be okay! So as far as I know he seems very nice and he is pretty much fluent because he parents are from Venezula....awesome so much for me being confident in my spanish anymore...but I will try to not let it keep me quiet. He did say though that if I ever needed help he would be willing to help me which is a benefit I suppose.

So that was the excitement of yesterday and I have yet to seem him again because I am pretty sure after he ate he took a shower and went to sleep and we haven't seen him today.

Today we started out with the usual school and then after we went to the archeological museum here that had a lot of the remains from Italica. Sarah and I went with the Roman History class and we apparently were the only non-students of that class...yay.......I was really glad I went though it is just so hard to wrap you brain around how old the sculptures, pots, etc. really are. I took a lot of pictures of course and I will load them on to facebook later today. We got back to the house around 3:30 or 4 and I decided to relax for a bit and then go for a run again. The weather here is SO perfect and along the river there is nice wide sidewalk where a lot of people run, walk, bike or even just sit and watch everyone else. Well I guess that is about all for now, tomorrow I have my first test......we will see how it goes. I love and miss all of you very much!

con amor,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment