Sunday, January 23, 2011

Past few days, More Shrimp with Heads, and Cordoba

Well hello all!
I know my blog updates have become more rare with time but to be honest life is a lot less exciting than it was when I first got here. I am finally settling into a routine and becoming accustomed to the culture and city around me. I honestly love it and I am finally getting around with a minimum about of getting lost! Yay!!!!

So my last blog update was Wednesday and I talked about our "brother" who is really a cool kid! He has a pretty amazing story with how he grew up and is very humble! Least to say I think we will all get along just fine!

Thursday was just an ordinary school day and fortunately it was like a Friday because on Friday we went to Cordoba! Thursday was also our first test. It was only conjugating irregular verbs so I found it to be pretty easy. I found out my grade friday and I got a perfect score and the bonus! YAY my high school and jr. high teachers would be proud! So far so good on the classes!

Friday was Cordoba which is another city with an amazing Cathedral which is very old and has a whole bunch of history! I would relay it all to you but to be honest I really don't know it. History is really not my interest but it is really pretty so there are plenty of pictures online. I am planning to take more pictures with me in them so hopefully this Thursday when we go to Barcelona I will come back with more pictures of me and my friends.  In Cordoba it was about an 1 1/2 hr drive and we spent about 2 hrs making our way through the Cathedral which was beautiful but FREEZING! The whole thing is marble and stone and it was cold outside anyway and I guess they don't like to spend money on heating! It was by far the coldest I have been since I have been here! After the cathedral we were able to explore the city for about 3 hrs. on our own! With only a map and a spot to meet at 3 in the afternoon. Some of my friends and I got some food and then did some shopping. Cordoba is known for their silver so I found ths gorgeous hand made silver flower and chain. I also got a scarf and some postcards to also document my time there! Overall I would consider it a successful trip!  We also returned about 2 hrs. earlier than planned so that was also nice. We ate dinner with our host parents and then went out!

Saturday we woke up o you know about 1 in the afternoon now granted I didn't get home til 4 so I guess that is okay. Then we woke up and had lunch and took a siesta least to say Saturday was a lazy day for sure! I skyped my roommate back in lubbock Kelsi for the first time and my BIG Colleen and my Little Jennifer (she finally got her own webcam and skype account yay)

Today was similar to Saturday except after we woke up we stayed up and had lunch with our family and one of our host mom's friends. We had Paella which is a very traditional spanish dish you can find it in restaurants here and we had had it at the hotel as well. Unfortunately it is a dish with shrimps, which means shrimp headS!!! YIKES.......I love shrimp but trust me it changes things when you can see its face! Then we were surprised with the amazing looking gourmet pastries!!! So we had those with some cafe con leche!!! We then retired back to our rooms to write post cards to friends and family and study a little bit for a make up quiz we have tomorrow in class. I promise I will pick up the blog updates! I know some of you are checking daily!

This Thursday I do leave for Barcelona so I will not be able to update til Saturday night or Sunday because I will be without my computer! Thanks for reading!!!

con amor,

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment